Cirque 2016: Luzia

544 posts / 0 new
Last post
rowelle's picture

Colton: Maybe she's backup for straps and poles? I would not want to be in the audience if she does Ben's act only because his hot, wet body needs to be seen by everyone, lol

Colton, I'm grateful for you all too, I lose my mind when this site is down or no one posts for days. Lol

Richasi: Hope one of the changes coming is aerial hoop with the cyr wheel act instead of trapeze. Cyr wheel and aerial hoop just looks better together, plus I think more tricks can be done on that apparatus.

Cirque Shows Seen: Alegria, Amaluna, Kooza, Kurios (3), Luzia (2), Michael Jackson: Immortal, Quidam, Varekai

Colton's picture

Purplegiu is her IG handle. She's played a lead character in Toruk, and is a high caliber pole artist who did a solo act with immortal so I don't see her just doing back up. 

La Nouba, Corteo, Delirium, Ovo, Quidam, Totem, Saltimbanco, Immortal, Amaluna. 

Richasi's picture

Straps... as a replacement for Ben.

rowelle's picture

Hopefully she starts backup after the Seattle run. I just really want to see Ben do the act again on Sunday. Lol

Cirque Shows Seen: Alegria, Amaluna, Kooza, Kurios (3), Luzia (2), Michael Jackson: Immortal, Quidam, Varekai

Allxvita's picture

Is Ben leaving the show????? nooooo

- ☀☽ -

rowelle's picture

She might just be backup. The show is still pretty new for him to leave. I think they start off with 2-year contracts or something? So either she's just backup or something personal happened to Ben that he has to leave the show.

I think if Ben is replaced, it should be by another male. I feel like there's too much women in Luzia.

Richasi's picture

I'm not sure whether Ben is leaving, whether he needs a break, or what. I've just heard that she's replacing him.

It sucks too because his act is the total package - regardless of his physique ;) I just don't feel anyone can do what he's doing in Luzia, so I lament his leaving (if that's what's happening). I'd hoped to see him perform again here in Atlanta, but that's not looking very hopeful at the moment.

If nothing else, there's at least the DVD.

Allxvita's picture

Rowelle at this point there's more women in Luzia than in Amaluna LOL

I wonder what will be her new costume...

- ☀☽ -

rowelle's picture

rowelle's picture

Allxvita, right? Lol

Well since Ben is shirtless in the act, it's only fair that she go topless. Jk -- as a gay man, seeing boobs or any other sexual female body part makes me want to vomit.

MAYBE they're changing the straps act to a duo!!! Maybe she's not replacing him, but joining him! That would be effing amazing!

Propel_Pierrot's picture

The straps act in Luzia was, in my point of view, the most weak and boring act in the show. I watched the jaguar all long because the guy was so boring... And if they think that you just to make a guy shirtless to make a solo straps act interesting, it doesn't work with me at all... Anyways, straps act are mostly in all show the act I never the less

rowelle's picture

Propel, I was just thinking about this recently as well. The music and the set is beautiful, but his act is kinda bland and needs more tricks. I realized that 90% of me just likes the act cuz he's hot. Replace him with a female and it's all meh. 

Making the act a duo would hopefully make it interesting.

Colton's picture

I think Ben's act is very strong, the full effect of all the elements together has a big impression on the audience it seems (which frankly misses 90% of a shows nuances otherwise). Giulia is a cirque veteran having done many disciplines in a number of shows, I'm sure she'll be a great addition. 

trapezedevil's picture

I agree with Colton, Giulia is too much for just being a back up. As for pole dancing, Rachel Salzman is the current back up for the lead pole dancer, she is ok but not as crafted as Diana nor Giulia. 

Tsu'tey's picture

They can´t change that! I mean, it supposed to be a male. The Character is TLALOC,  A MALE GOD ! 

ispeakcirquish's picture

I disagree with everyone saying that Ben's straps act it weak, I think that for an undoubtedly oversaturated act in Cirque shows it is one of the standouts.

-ispeakcirquish

rowelle's picture

Ben's act is definitely my favorite in the show because of all the different elements combined. It's a very sensual, beautiful act. It just lacks the wow factor for me. It's the same how I feel about tissu in La Nouba.

My main complaint is that his lifts were mostly up and down. He stayed mostly in that small center area of the stage with the pool. He didn't utilize the whole stage. But as I'm typing this, Im realizing now why he doesn't swing outward and over the audience. 

Colton's picture

I don't think he can fly around too much with all the vines hanging down. Most shows have a 'slower' more intimate, subdued act (statue in Quidam, balance goddess in Amaluna) to help balance the Chemistry made by shows more fast paced numbers. That's straps role in Luzia. 

The Waiter's picture

I'm also sure if he swung out over the audience he'd probably splash and drip on a lot of people in the audience.

rowelle's picture

Waiter, yup. That's exactly what I realized when typing that. Lol

I mean I don't mind if Ben gets me wet, but in a different way. ;) lmao

Sorry, just like the clown in Luzia, I'm thirsty.

rowelle's picture

I'm seeing Luzia again in less than 24 hours! I can't remember if Benjamin is one of the people who walks through the audience before the show. If he is, I'll ask him for a selfie and ask if he's leaving the show.

The Trickster's picture

Damn Luzia sounds amazing, damn shame I won't be getting the opportunity to see it as of now, hopefully soon though...

rowelle's picture

I'm so sad. Straps was out of the last Seattle show. Was looking forward to seeing Benjamin! That's what I get for saying his act was kinda weak. But it's my favorite in the whole show! Worried if he left the show already. If so, he should've just waited until he Seattle shows were completed.

ZarkMagic's picture

I have a question that I've been curious about. When Majo is out sick and isn't performing, but I've seen clips with her voice singing. Has cirque thought about lip-sycing? It would be good to still have someone who looks like their singing. 

rowelle's picture

Zark, that would be good for the audience, but for me personally, I think that's tacky AF. Especially if the audience can tell since they're so close to the stage.

It's fumny: Before I saw the show the first time, I asked the BO if Majo was gonna be in the show that day just to be sure that he can hear her live. They were like, "Yeah, she's in today."

To answer someone else's question, the butterfly girl is no longer lowered to the stage during the number before intermission. She just walks out.

Tsu'tey's picture

I don't know if any of you have noticed a little blooper on the DVD of LUZIA! 
On the opening act, while the horse is running, a hoof falls out on the treadmill. But quickly one of the puppeteers inside, took it and hold it.

rowelle's picture

Tsu'tey: Fun I'll look out for that!

Allxvita's picture

Straps soon to be performed by a female artist?! https://instagram.com/p/BaR6EvJHzqP/

- ☀☽ -

Semisubtle's picture
AdministratorMember

I was under the impression she was a backup for the strap act with a focus on poles, but maybe it's the other way around after all. Truthfully I do hope she's a backup for straps - she's a fantastic performer but the straps act is meant to refer to Tlaloc, the god of rain. Guess we'll see. She's been with the show for a while and I'm surprised she hasn't fully integrated yet. She came right from Toruk and she's crazy talented, so it's not like she's not seasoned!

A1Federation's picture

Fear not, guys... She mentions in a post a few days back that she's going to be the backup for Benjamin :) https://www.instagram.com/p/BaH6ofPnaEB/?taken-by=purplegiu

Pages