La Nouba to close 31 December 2017

122 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Tracker's picture
La Nouba to close 31 December 2017

Today I got word from an artist inside La Nouba that the show will indeed be closing in late 2017, although no date nor official announcement has been made. However, Cirque apparently plans to remain at Disney World and so I assume this means a new show is under development to replace it. Here is what the artist said... "And it is true. La Nouba is set to finish a nearly 20 year run, but the last show date has not been set yet, but probably end of 2017. Cirque will continue to have a presence at Walt Disney World, but it is time for a new show."

Mungojerrie2010's picture

Why not just let it play the full 20 years? So ridiculous.

"All your dreams can come true. IF you have to courage to pursue them."-Walt Disney

The Waiter's picture

Aww, even after they bring in those new acts? Well if this is sadly true then bring back Zed and put it in there!

The Trickster's picture

I hope I get to see it before it closes, to me it's the perfect show for Disney World. YES ZED! It would be perfect too.

Ken in NY's picture

La Nouba is the first Cds show I saw live and has been a regular part of my annual Orlando trip(s). I'll be seeing it for the ninth time on Halloween evening and a tenth time on November 28. I guess my 2017 trip will need to be scheduled around the last shows.

Ken

A1Federation's picture

Aw man, really? Another Dragone show? Soon enough it'll just be Mystère and O...

EthAn's picture

I had a confirmation for this information too... Heard a possible restaging of Zed ! Sounds pretty great but i will miss a lot La Nouba!

I swear if it ends up becoming a re-staging of Zed, I truly might need to call an ambulance.

"All your dreams can come true. IF you have to courage to pursue them."-Walt Disney

Colton's picture

I have faith cirque could do a faithful restaging of a closed show. All details are meticulously documented and archived. Cloud swing back in Quidam after a two year break and all the character queues, props, choreography, music, costumes, lighting and staging are restored perfectly. Sure the artist is different and they appropriately changed the costume for a male artist, but it was a very good litmus test of what COULD be done. La Nouba was my first show as well. Back in 2005 they were doing plastic card seat tickets and it's been in my wallet ever since. I'm at peace with both the ideas of the interim changes and it's retirement. There's always the DVD :--)

La Nouba, Corteo, Delirium, Ovo, Quidam, Totem, Saltimbanco, Immortal, Amaluna. 

The Trickster's picture

I completely agree with all of Colton's points.

Z3D
Z3D's picture

Oh my God a restaging of Zed??! That could seriously make my decade. But then again I don't think I'll be going to Disney World pretty soon, so as of now I'll have missed out on La Nouba. Damn.

The Tracker's picture

Not sure what all the fuss about ZED is for, I haven't seen either show live, but zed doesn't look THAT mucg better than some other cirque shows like la nouba. I absolutely love la nouba and so hope the essence of the new show is similar. And yes, unfortunately another amazing dragons show, he was one of my favourite directors!

Z3D
Z3D's picture

You're probably right that La Nouba is better than Zed in most ways but Zed is definitely better than most of the recent shows artistically.

Z3D
Z3D's picture

Do you reckon it's a possibility that they could mesh together concepts, acts and other things from earlier closed shows like Saltimbanco, Alegria and possibly QUidam?

rowelle's picture

Let's get a group together to go see one of the final shows of La Nouba! I'd love to meet some of you spotlighters!

Cirque Shows Seen: Alegria, Amaluna, Kooza, Kurios (3), Luzia (2), Michael Jackson: Immortal, Quidam, Varekai

The Tracker's picture

That is a great idea! I'd definitely try to go if that was the case, just depends on when my HSC (year 12 exams) are...

rolabola's picture

**sighhhh*...well the day was gonna come eventually ^^;;...

I will hopefully take at least one more trip to Disney by at least March of 2017, which will be my final chance to see it...god that's going to hurt. I am very glad to hear that Cirque is sticking around, but man that is a blow to my heart.

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go sob into my pillow for an hour or 12

RB

Z3D
Z3D's picture

The day I see a topic on here saying "Mystere confirmed to close..." or "O confirmed to close...".
Now that will be a sad day. But we all know good things must come to an end.

The Trickster's picture

O has a very long life ahead of it. And if it's getting old, they'll update it, but I highly doubt it'll be leaving anytime soon.

Z3D
Z3D's picture

Well, I sure hope so. And I totally agree with you on that point. O and possibly Mystere really have the potential to be on the Strip for a very long time. O is Cirque's most successful show in Vegas (attendance-wise) so it'd be foolish to close it down.

ZarkMagic's picture

It'll be sad of course, But sometimes it's good to see a new toy in the old toy box.

Target's picture

Until one of the cirque officials or a real article comes out about the closing, I wouldn't trust that the show is closing just because one artist says it is. Artists hear many things all the times and lot's of it end up not being true There have been rumors of La Nouba closing for about 6 years and it's still here. I highly doubt the show is closing in 2017.

Also, the title should be changed. There has been no confirmed information that the show is closing.

Z3D
Z3D's picture

Well that gives hope that a Dragone show will be kept alive, especially now as they are diminishing. And as with what Target said, artists are not always the best indicator of a show's future. Wasn't it an artist that said that Corteo would close on November 22 2015 in Mexico City? Where did that date come from, Mexico City's tour didn't even finish then.

Propel_Pierrot's picture

I really, really wish that it did not close and that all this are just rumors. What gives me hope is the change and two new acts in the shows. Why renewed the show and want to make it younger only for 2 years? While the performances went well for nearly almost 20 years?

The Trickster's picture

Well I mean that's what they're doing for Believe. Two years is more than we think.

Richasi's picture

As Target says we won't really know until the official announcement is made. All we know right now are rumors... what we've been told. And while I do believe what I've been told, things can change. As Target also said: La Nouba has been rumored to be closed and replaced for the past few years now. And maybe that's true! Who knows what would have happened if Hyperion Wharf had come to fruition. Let's just hope the show goes out with a bang, rather than a whimper, and they replace it with something equally as groundbreaking and exciting.

I'm glad Hyperion Wharf was abandoned, tbh. Disney Springs is shaping to be an exciting addition to WDW.

Richasi's picture

Yes, I agree Mungojerrie! Hyperion wasn't well thought out, although it looks like some aspects of its theme are making its way into Disney Springs. I'm kind of sad I'm not there for the turnover. I watched (and visited) as Disney built The West Side, and the Cirque Theater... but I guess this transformation has been hell for visitors (traffic and construction wise). maybe I'm happier to see the final product someday. =)

Oh, you'll be astounded at the transformation! I've been about 4 times in the last few weeks and its like a totally new place. Great new shops, restaurants, and bars (The Hangar in particular is fab).

Ken in NY's picture

Traffic is still messed up, as is parking. I just got back from the 9pm performance of La Nouba. Got La Nouba abbreviated version tonight. The female was missing from high wire, so the male performer only made about four passes on the wire. There was no juggling. The theater was only about 60% full. I hope I get the full version of the show when I'm back in four weeks. They do have a new program available (printed in August), which is nice, as I collect programs.

Did you park in the deck or on a surface lot? Because the deck is 100 times better than the lot behind the La Nouba theatre.

Pages