La Nouba to close 31 December 2017

122 posts / 0 new
Last post
troyzilla's picture

I need Cirque to announce a new show ASAP. I don't think I can handle all the fools on Disney forums creaming themselves over the prospect of a Disney themed show for the next nine months. 

Too late - Broadway World forum members are quoting Disney insiders stating a full production of 'Beauty And The Beast' is coming to Orlando for an open ended run... Nothing confirmed of course...

rowelle's picture

So if we do decide to go to one of the last shows as a group, is there anyone on here we can trust to send money to in advance so they can purchase our tickets together so we can all sit together? :)

Or anyone know of a 3rd party app where we can all send money to and then they can use it to purchase the group tix?

Cirque Shows Seen: Alegria, Amaluna, Kooza, Kurios (3), Luzia (2), Michael Jackson: Immortal, Quidam, Varekai

The Tracker's picture

Anyone who is interested in a La Nouba meetup on the 29th, PM me. I've gotten in touch with one of the coaches at La Nouba who will "try put us in touch with the right people" to formalise some sort of backstage type bonus for us. Logistics wise, maybe its a better idea to just book your own tickets and just meet up before/after the show and do the extra stuff together but not necessarily sit together.

The Tracker's picture

https://www.facebook.com/events/1274628399322324/?ti=icl

La Nouba gatho, and possible backstage visit. If  anyone is interested feel free to mark your name on the fb event page.

Tickets aren't available for the 30th or 31st so the plan is to go to the 29th's 9PM show.

Rowelle, would it be possible for you to create a fb account just because if other people want to come as well it's a lot easier to just have all discussion on meeting place etc. on one place. FB is free and even if you make a fake account it'll be fine.

rowelle's picture

Tracker, I joined under my Starbucks name "Jake Landon." Smile BTW, was your old account "Tom" something?

Cirque Shows Seen: Alegria, Amaluna, Kooza, Kurios (3), Luzia (2), Michael Jackson: Immortal, Quidam, Varekai

The Tracker's picture

thank you! That makes everything a lot easier :) and yeah someone created this account on spotlight for me calling it Tom1819, but semi helped me change it to something more cirque and stops any confusion about my name lol

Evoke_'s picture

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2000478-daniel-lamarre-cuando-un-argentino-qu...

Google translate of Q and A with Daniel Lamarre:

"There, besides Las Vegas, they have another show in Orlando that finishes the 31 of December and to which many Argentineans go. Do you have a new one planned at that Disney Springs theater?

-Yes, definitely. We are ending negotiations with Walt Disney driving now and we are going to have a new show.

"Could there be some Disney artists on the show?"

-This is what we are thinking now, and we are only in the preliminary phase, as here we do a tribute to Soda Stereo, there we want to make a tribute to the animation."

Matthew250's picture

It seems like a Cyr Wheel act has been added to La Nouba since the Aerial Bamboo act is temporailly out. And the music for said act is a modified version of the juggling music for when Gatto was in the show.

The Waiter's picture

Ugh...... Hate seeing my favourite show die like this.

Colton's picture

Not sure if it's been said here yet but the Corteo restaging is also incorporating acts, music and costumes from La Nouba as well. So excited! 

La Nouba, Corteo, Delirium, Ovo, Quidam, Totem, Saltimbanco, Immortal, Amaluna. 

Matthew250's picture

Well, I'll be. I wonder what the arena version of the Corteo soundtrack would sound like?

The Waiter's picture

I've never heard of Cirque using music from another show but a different composer before.  I figured there'd be something legally not right with that. The only song from La Nouba I can see working in Corteo is A La Lune if they do that.

ispeakcirquish's picture

Costumes from La Nouba in Corteo? what? they're just so aesthetically different...

-ispeakcirquish

A1Federation's picture

Guys, they're not talking about literally taking La Nouba acts directly from the show and placing them in Corteo... Matthew was just wondering whether Corteo's soundtrack would change with the transition to arena (not incorporating La Nouba music), and Colton was merely suggesting that some artists from La Nouba will be modifying and incorporating their acts into Corteo with Corteo-esque music, costumes, etc.

Colton's picture

When I made up Ovos stage would go to Corteo someone edited it into Wikipedia without question :-p So why not really stir the pot. Zeds music for trapeze went with to Mystere! 

La Nouba, Corteo, Delirium, Ovo, Quidam, Totem, Saltimbanco, Immortal, Amaluna. 

The Tracker's picture

I saw that the other day and deleted it realising what had happened lol

Propel_Pierrot's picture

I have question a for those who saw la Nouba recently : some people say that there is a back up act, Cyr Wheel with the song Jonglerie (which is pretty rare I guess). But they said that it's remplace the Aerial Bamboo with Liama. I'm going to see La Nouba in three week, do you think the back-up act will still be there? Because a part of me want to see the back-up act because it's rare but another part is really sad that maybe I wont hear Liama. 

rowelle's picture

If I don't hear Liama when we all go see the show on the 29th of December, I will riot!

Mungojerrie2010's picture

I feel ya, Rowelle. Both times I saw Dralion, 'hand-balancing was out so I never got to hear Stella Errans' live 

"All your dreams can come true. IF you have to courage to pursue them."-Walt Disney

Richasi's picture

Cyr Wheel was in for Aerial Cradle over the last two to three weeks because Sasha was injured, but the act should be back in now. 

Propel_Pierrot's picture

Because I really want to see a rare back up act with the new music but I really don't want to miss Liama. Haha I'll see, anyways I'm sure the show will be great... Despite the missing singer and the Pierrot Clown :P

rowelle's picture

Tickets for the 30th & 31st have been added!

Someimagination's picture

So D23 expo announced all the updates for the Disney Parks, and I thought maybe we would hear a update for Cirque's new show in Orlando. Nope... nothing. It would of been smart to put something out there to hype the crowds up in this huge media spotlight. Ahh well. Cirque prob still has no idea what they're doing yet...

Cirque is caving to the idiocy of Disney wanting their own intellectual property shoved everywhere. At least thats the latest rumor

"All your dreams can come true. IF you have to courage to pursue them."-Walt Disney

The Waiter's picture

Yeah I'm getting really disgusted with Disney lately. Shoving their marketable characters everywhere, even getting rid of classic rides (rest in peace Great Movie Ride) in the name of marketing.

If I were, I would have told Disney to eff off and pack my shit up. But we already know Cirque has no artistic integrity anymore. Oh well 

NoaBoa66's picture

So it looks like Selloane has left La Nouba.... What does this mean for the rest of the shows run, since I highly doubt that they will hire another vocalist to fill in. Just pre-recorded tracks like they are doing after Ralph left? If they dont even have the singers there then why dont they ust remove the entire band?? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYOn7yOnDFO/

NoaBoa66's picture

So it looks like Selloane has left La Nouba.... What does this mean for the rest of the shows run, since I highly doubt that they will hire another vocalist to fill in. Just pre-recorded tracks like they are doing after Ralph left? If they dont even have the singers there then why dont they ust remove the entire band?? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYOn7yOnDFO/

ispeakcirquish's picture

Nah, she has a replacement. I saw an artist on the show calming down people on the HCF facebook who were saying the same thing haha

-ispeakcirquish

rowelle's picture

Aww, but Selloane was great! Was hoping she would be my in for the backstage tour when we see the show on the 29th.

Pages