Tours 2017/18

78 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Tracker's picture
Tours 2017/18

Its that time again for a new thread for tour plans.
*Amaluna is continuing to tour Europe, with Rome just announced
*Sep7imo-Dia will tour SA and NA with Buenos Aires and Peru officially announced.
*Luzia will continue touring NA
*Totem will finish up in Japan before moving to Russia and Europe.
*Kurios is heading to Japan after the US
*Kooza is going to do an Asian tour, with speculated Mexican tour following that
*Ovo will continue its US tour
*Toruk will wrap up in NA and head to Asia
*Varekai will continue in Europe.
*Corteo will begin touring the US

The Trickster's picture

I'm excited to see Toruk's tour in Asia! Also I think the conversion of Kooza to arena isn't far down, I'd say after Mexico. I hope they drag it out a little longer.

pablurre90's picture

Pablo

Mungojerrie2010's picture

Looking forward to seeing where Corteo begins its tour

"All your dreams can come true. IF you have to courage to pursue them."-Walt Disney

Colton's picture

I threw the rumor out there that Corteo was going to use Ovo's old set - as an experiment - and sure enough some very misguided fan took to Wikipedia without question. "Ovo's big top stage would later be reused when Corteo premieres it's arena tour in 2017."

I have no feelings what so ever about the arena conversion for this show. Ovo had a lot of potential for self improvement and to only grow stronger and it took more steps backwards than it did forward. Ovo has since adopted Corteo's paradise act, that and with the complications of adapting the original stage, I am expecting some BIG changes. They somewhat disguised a reuse of Dralion's set, so why not the telepherique from Quidam, after all? Would be great to see a heavy aerial group act mounted on something like that (flying trapeze or even bungees).

Totems first city after Japan has been helicoptering around to wildly different locations for months, Russia is certainly a surprise.

La Nouba, Corteo, Delirium, Ovo, Quidam, Totem, Saltimbanco, Immortal, Amaluna. 

EthAn's picture

So finally, Varekai returns into the Big Top for just one city... Awesome !

Colton's picture

There have been talks that Varekai will play China in the big top - but treat that as unconfirmed.

EthAn's picture

@Colton : yeah i read it many months ago... But will they have a tent available for Varekai in PA...?

The Tracker's picture

Just had word that Kooza will be heading to Singapore, Malaysia and Korea after Australia. Also after Japan Kurios is possibly coming to Australia (no confirmed plans, only rumours).

Colton's picture

Banquine act going into Amaluna and bringing back unicycles. Likely they want to flesh it out to return to RAH.

Vralion's picture

That sounds right. Advertisements for Amaluna have started going up in London and it says 'featuring new acts.'

Steamer's picture

OVO heading to Europe
(Stops in Germany Oct-Dec 2017)

Mungojerrie2010's picture

Already? Well I guess it makes sense, rid North America of the insect infestation to make way for Corteo. Here for it tbh.

"All your dreams can come true. IF you have to courage to pursue them."-Walt Disney

Someimagination's picture

I reckon Amaluna will be next to come to Aus.

The Tracker's picture

No, it'll be toruk. After that maybe Amaluna, but I reckon it could be Kurios after it finishes in Japan (Or maybe it's just my hope clouding my vision again)

Tobiasz's picture

OVO:
25.10-29.10 Leipzig
01.11-5.11 Hamburg
08.11-12.11 Berlin
15.11-19.11 Manheim
22.11-26.11-Koln
29.11-03.12 Stuttgart
06.12-10.12 Nurnber
13.12-17.12 Munchen

Tobiasz

Colton's picture

Toruk will play Taipei, Taiwan in July 2017

The Trickster's picture

Yes! Finally going to Asia. I'm excited to see the new markets they'll visit and the response.

goose's picture

So Totem will be in Sochi,RU and ARENA??? That`s the first time after London, a different city gets a GC show in arena for that long. With OVO starting Europe mid 2017 what cities after Rome would u you guys guess Amaluna will be heading to in Europe? Cuz I was thinking Berlim, Hamburg and Zurich would be on the list for Amaluna but OVO performing on those cities, would be too close for Amaluna to tour on them. So maybe after Rome, Amaluna will head to Milan, Moscow, Southeast Spain(2/3 cities) and Lisbon...? I have a feeling Amaluna will start South America tour around May/June 2018? Post your guesses...

Colton's picture

She's with Volta. This cirque artist is a figure skater who has a custom rollerblade to allow figure skating off of ice. https://www.instagram.com/unbikim/

The Tracker's picture

Totem tickets have gone on sale for Sochi, Russia. They're performing at the Bolshoy Ice Dome, so will be undergoing arena conversion. Anyone know if it will stay this way for any other cities or will it go straight back to GC?

https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/russia/sochi/totem/buy-tickets

rowelle's picture

Grrr. Still wondering why Totem missed Seattle (a big market) in its initial North American run. Ovo did as well. I remember Ovo listing Seattle as one of the first cities on the official Cirque site, then for some reason it was removed.

Cirque Shows Seen: Alegria, Amaluna, Kooza, Kurios (3), Luzia (2), Michael Jackson: Immortal, Quidam, Varekai

itsthezac's picture

They might be using the Bolshoy Ice Dome like the use the Royal Albert Hall. So that means Sochi may be seeing more Cirque shows on a regular basis if this first run goes well.

Ken in NY's picture

Wasn't Totem developed for both big top and arena set-up from the beginning?

itsthezac's picture

Yes ken, it was created for easy transition to arena

scielle's picture

What about New York?

Paramour closing (well, 'moving', but that all depends on whether they find a venue and more likely to go on tour or set up shop in Germany, I fear).

The Wiz in developemnt? (Not sure to what extend Cirque is really involved in this).

And then the NFL thing set to open in the Fall.

Anything else?

Richasi's picture

Since Cirque Theatrical is having trouble finding a space for "The Wiz" in New York (which is why we've not heard about it lately), I assume they won't find a place for "Paramour" either. Not to mention the New Jersey "thing" they have going on when that American Dream "mall" finally gets built. The NFL Experience is about the only thing going on in New York this year, I think. Of course I would assume they'll get Corteo arena when that gets moving along. And Volta in 2018.

scielle's picture

Oh really? Didn't know they were having trouble finding space for The Wiz.

But that's always been their problem with NYC. The vast majority of the theaters here are nowhere close to what would be needed for a Cirque production, and trying to build their own venue would take years and cost millions (assuming they can even find a suitable space).

Frown

Richasi's picture

Didn't know it myself until just recently. With Paramour needing a new home I started wondering what happened to The Wiz and did some looking, and ran across a blurb about that from Playbill I think, in which whoever they were interviewing about the show had mentioned it. With all the new shows vying for space on Broadway, it's no wonder.

Colton's picture

So, is OVO playing the Royal Albert Hall for 2018?

The Tracker's picture

Where did you hear that? Considering OVO, Totem and Varekai will be in Europe around then but the other two have already played the RAH and theres no dates for Jan 2018 so it seems likely that it'll be OVO, but haven't heard anything about it.

Pages